Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Wish

Happy New Year!

2005 will always be remembered as the year we moved ahead, trusting God that everything would fall into place for the adoption of Jessica and Sam. It has been a wonderful year, a year of changes, a year of blessing.

In talking with Jessica and Haley Clark, I discovered that in Russia it is traditional to make a wish on New Year's Eve. Both of them had wished last year that they would be in America this year. God granted their wish!

While I don't believe in "wishes" per se, I do believe in prayer. My prayer for you in this new year is that you will be blessed as we have been!

Today was a good day. We spent it interacting and preparing for the holiday. We will be exchanging presents for "Christmas" on New Year's Day afternoon, since we were in an airplane last week on Christmas Day. So we are busily preparing for a large meal and lots of presents!

I will also be preaching Sunday morning, so pray for me! My head is not in it, although my heart is. So I'll be preaching from the heart on Jeremiah 29:11, "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope." God certainly has reached into the lives of two very special children, and given them a future with hope!

From our family to yours, may 2006 be a blessed year, full of grace and peace and joy and, of course, love.

Blessings,

The Haworth Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home